Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choke

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Choke

    Hi,
    I want to fit the centre console but am having trouble looking up how to ran the choke cables. Tried the Rimmers site but no clear guidance......can anyone help me with the info please.

    Regards,
    Sukhi

    #2
    Look on the o/side bulkhead, beside where the steering column passes through it there is an insulated bolt for the positive feed. There is a hold a couple of inches above the bolt which the choke cables are routed through.

    Mark
    1972 Mk 1 - Sapphire Blue; Original TV8; HID Lamps up front;

    Comment


      #3
      I'm aware the mk1 has an insulated bolt for power I'm not sure the mk2 does. the choke runs through a hole below the pipes to from heater. in that general area.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi, Does anyone know what is reqiured to fix the centre console in? There are 2 holes (squarish) on the tunnel near the gearstick. Do they take spire nuts and screws or bolts?
        I cannot seem to locate theitem code on Rimmers.
        Regards,
        Sukhi

        Comment


          #5
          my mk1 was fitted with pozi drive headed screws/ bolts.

          Comment


            #6
            I used square nylon inserts.. like this..

            https://scoutparts.com/Plastic_Nut_S...CABEgKNavD_BwE

            There is a similar thing holding the rear ashtray console thing but I dont remember if its the same size.

            Over here there is a selection in the motor factors. I measured the size if the square and got a pair to fit.
            Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

            www.terryhunt.co.uk

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by trunt View Post
              I used square nylon inserts.. like this..

              https://scoutparts.com/Plastic_Nut_S...CABEgKNavD_BwE

              There is a similar thing holding the rear ashtray console thing but I dont remember if its the same size.

              Over here there is a selection in the motor factors. I measured the size if the square and got a pair to fit.
              Excellent as always, I will try to surf the net for some, they will come in handy for man things.
              Thanks...
              Regards,
              Sukhi

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by singapore stag View Post
                Hi,
                I want to fit the centre console but am having trouble looking up how to ran the choke cables. Tried the Rimmers site but no clear guidance......can anyone help me with the info please.
                Here are two pics I took of my 1978 car when I stripped iy for rebuild. It is a totally original car which I have owned since '79. One pic shows the cables coming thro' the bulkhead behind the clutch hydraulic pipe and the other shows the route to the carbs.

                IMG_0090.jpg

                IMG_0009.jpg

                John
                1978 Stag Brooklands Green

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by singapore stag View Post
                  Hi, Does anyone know what is reqiured to fix the centre console in? There are 2 holes (squarish) on the tunnel near the gearstick. Do they take spire nuts and screws or bolts?
                  I cannot seem to locate theitem code on Rimmers.
                  Attached are some pics of my car after painting. One hole has the fixing the other doesn't. The original fixing for a Mk2 was two Simmonds Spire Speed Type with a retaining nut size No. 10 UNF. Standard Triumph Part No. FS2701 No.10 UNF. They are not shown in the Stag parts catalogue.

                  IMG_2672.JPG IMG_2673.JPG

                  hardware_nutretainer_simmonsspirespeedgriptype.jpg

                  John
                  1978 Stag Brooklands Green

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Excellent pics and response, thanks for your time and effort John. Will get right on it.
                    Regards,
                    Sukhi

                    Comment

                    canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                    pinbahis pinbahis dizitune.com
                    ankara escort
                    Working...
                    X