At Last..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Last..

We Have had 22 90+ degree days with stupid humidity in July, today should be the last one.. I'm looking forward to working in the garage in balmy 80 odd degree weather for a change!

Only Good thing is that its great for proving out my cooling system it leaks

Terry
    Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

So does mine now. Grr. Core of the ally radiator has bust. I guess you were right not to go down that road.
    It's a slow leak, l have time to try and find my old rad with the mods I need for the EWP. Also 30+ oC here, but at least it's dry.
    Tanya: Brit in Canada
    71 Fed Stag, TV8, ZF 4spd auto, EWP and crossed fingers

Comment

Originally posted by SaskStag View Post
      So does mine now. Grr. Core of the ally radiator has bust. I guess you were right not to go down that road.
      It's a slow leak, l have time to try and find my old rad with the mods I need for the EWP. Also 30+ oC here, but at least it's dry.
      Thats a possible issue, though many swear by them.

I'm mechanical fan less, so mounted EWP low left. Its holding temps OK, I just ran it to check for anything else before I drain it down. Its a freeze plug thats leaking so this is going to be real fun!

I was underwhelmed with my 16" "S" blade fan, even though it is holding the cooling in 95 degree temps, It just doesn't seem to blow as much air as I expected/hoped.. I have just received a different one, with straight fluted blades, I like it because its looks more "open" and should give less resistance to airflow, its also a dedicated pusher, so flows better without the (Maybe?) reversing compromises. It supposedly pushes 300CFM and on a quick test is does feel like much more air is flowing. I will report back once its fitted.
      Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

I've wondered about adding a back up fan, but it would only be for really hot days in standing traffic. At the moment the engine runs too cool, about 75-80oC. It used to be right on N, but I had to replace the capillary sensor (last one got torched in a fire, eek), but I also did a better job of replacing the IM gaskets than previous. Those were the only things I did. I know it's real because I also have a capillary temp gauge running from the top of the rad. It used to show thermostat temp, now reads a little under. I haven't tested the car in heavy traffic on a hot day since, I have to drive to the USA for that test.
        Hope the new fan works better and the leak is easily fixed.
        Tanya: Brit in Canada
        71 Fed Stag, TV8, ZF 4spd auto, EWP and crossed fingers

Comment

Working...
        X