Fitting TR6 Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting TR6 Spoiler

Following suggestions on the forum, I ordered a plastic TR6 spoiler from Rimmers to help with cooling.

I am seeking advice for best way to install please, as simple googling seems to show photos of it installed in slightly different ways/heights.
    Also, the Rimmer website says "If fitting to a Triumph Stag will need to be trimmed to match the shape of the front valance." So interested in how that was tackled.

Given yesterdays experience of trying to fit a 4 row rad (separate post), I thought I should research in advance of it arriving. Thanks.

Hi,

if it’s a proper TR6 plastic one it won’t need any trimming at all, indeed you cannot really trim it anyway.

These pictures may help you AEFA2563-E1B9-4E4F-8198-DC4B63D2D20A.jpegD6CB29F1-C38B-43BB-A2B3-6CE7BFF930A3.jpeg
    Mike

Comment

No trimming needed or possible as Mike says. Mine is secured with 1/4" UNF riv-nuts.
      Cheers Ian A

Comment

Thanks. Fitted easily with three of the nuts/bolts in the fitting kit. For the outer 2 where access is difficult I will use rivnuts, and assume it is OK drill at that point without hitting anything (just airspace behind the panel)?

The bad news, I took it for a test drive with the 3 bolts holding it, and unfortunately no noticeable difference to the behaviour of the temp gauge :-(
        35 degrees here, needle in the middle at idle, but soon rises to almost red when driving.

Comment

I think it helps if the gap down each side of the rad. tanks are sealed off and the air cannot escape around the sides and forces it through the matrix.
          Cheers Ian A

Comment

I've had a deep chin spoiler for quite a while which I don't think helped with cooling at all but the TR6 one now fitted (and you need to make sure it is fitted in such a way as to be scooping air up rather than acting as a wind-break) does now help to drop the temperature more at speed than without it or with the deep spoiler.
            But it won't make any difference (nothing will) at low speeds as there is just not enough ram to push what little air can get through the intake fast enough - you'll also note if you look a Neil's (FF) car he has removed the number plate plinth to give more airflow than with it, I've only left mine in place for personal preference on looks but it does I know create more of a hindrance for good air-flow.

What Ian says is also a tried and tested method of getting the air to go through the rad rather than the sides of the car I will be doing this too.

Cheers

Mike
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X