Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater cable removal

Hello all,

My heater cable has kinked at the control knob end - i have since re-attached it with the green clip, but the cable is very stiff, and the control knob doesn’t turn the valve. The valve is free and can be turned by hand.

Any tips for replacing the cable? How do I loosen the round metal attachment at this end?! And does the centre console have to be removed in order to get the control box out?

many thanks!
    Attached Files
    "The harder the conflict, the more glorious the Triumph" - Thomas Paine

Have since broken the cable, and the knob end of the cable just doesn’t come off? What sort of black magic is holding it there?!
    Attached Files

Comment

I just got access.
      20200524_110645.jpg

Comment

Looks still attached to me haha!

Comment

Bloody hell,your brave

Comment

Large patience required for setting up heater cable & rod controls. You did the right thing for access though.
            I rebuilt a heater & swapped it over. The cables were corroded internally to <than 1/2 thickness. Had to remake the inners. Used a concoction of lubricant on reassembly with silicone grease & chlorinated paraffin. Controls are smooth now. Setup was very fiddly to get detents to work.
            it was a winter project & took over 3 months from start to finish, part time.
            There are 2 secrets to staying on top :- 1. Don't give everything away.

Comment

The knobs do just pull off.
              Needed new ones though.
              There are 2 secrets to staying on top :- 1. Don't give everything away.

Comment

Working...
              X