Mk1 and MK2 inlet manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk1 and MK2 inlet manifolds

Has anyone got any info or photos of the difference between the Mk1 and MK2 inlet manifold?

thanks in advance

Mark

Mark. Remove the thermostat and look behind it..If there is just an open cavity, it is a Mk 1. If there is a round hole through a ledge in the casting, it is a Mk.2.
    Mike.

Comment

This is from the rimmers site.

the inset on the photo shows the difference.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID005191

Comment

Ok thanks but I suppose the right question then is does it matter if there is a difference between a mark one and two and if so what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rackned View Post
          Ok thanks but I suppose the right question then is does it matter if there is a difference between a mark one and two and if so what is it?
          Hello Mark,

As Mike (Lingen) said, the difference is inside the thermostat housing, which in turn determines which design of thermostat may be used. The Mk2 stat has a disc, which locates in the bypass hole that Mike mentioned.

Dave

Comment

So nothing that would be a problem what swapping, other that the thermostat?

Comment

The Mk1 doesn't have a way of shutting off the bypass( that's what the foot on the thermostat does) so some of the coolant can always bypass the radiator with the mk1. I know which one i would have.

Last edited by Stagdad; 12th February 2020, 20:29.
              Carbs suck.

Comment

So nothing that would be a problem with swapping, other that the thermostat?

Comment

Working...
                X