Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot lid alignment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Boot lid alignment

    my boot lid fits perfectly with no boot seal, but once I fit seal the boot lid is raised again
    I have tried all of the adjustments in the lock striker and the hinges but cant sort it out
    I have tried 3 original Stag boot seals as well
    could I drill out the holes in the hinges that the bolts fix too the lid ?
    any advice please chaps would be great for when wde45k is back from the painters


    #2
    There is a softer boot lid seal available from Woolies , have a look on their site. i recently bought door and boot seals from them for my tr6 and they fit very well. Softer than the originals.
    Len

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by len View Post
      There is a softer boot lid seal available from Woolies , have a look on their site. i recently bought door and boot seals from them for my tr6 and they fit very well. Softer than the originals.
      Len
      have you got a link to which one it was?

      Comment


        #4
        http://www.ldparts.co.uk/shop/shop.p...6860d6260ea912
        Dave
        1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by garyf View Post

          have you got a link to which one it was?
          https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/produ...mall-boot-seal

          hope this helps, maybe get a sample piece
          Len

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by len View Post
            https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/produ...mall-boot-seal

            hope this helps, maybe get a sample piece
            Len
            great,thanks Len

            Comment


              #7
              Perfect fit on mine as well.

              Comment


                #8
                For the non UK people - The LD parts one looks to be the one that works but being in USA I really didn’t want to pay the shipping for a single item. In the end I found one locally with a 3/8 inch or 9mm “bulb” instead of the 1/2 inch 12mm (or more?) bulb as supplied by others..

                It looks to be similar to the LD Parts one and worked out a treat.

                Terry

                seal2.JPG31VSoi6-wSL.jpg
                Last edited by trunt; 1st December 2019, 23:39.
                Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

                www.terryhunt.co.uk

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have the same problem even with a thinner original one. Still stands proud.
                  I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell me to do!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by trunt View Post
                    For the non UK people - The LD parts one looks to be the one that works but being in USA I really didn’t want to pay the shipping for a single item. In the end I found one locally with a 3/8 inch or 9mm “bulb” instead of the 1/2 inch 12mm (or more?) bulb as supplied by others..

                    It looks to be similar to the LD Parts one and worked out a treat.

                    Terry

                    seal2.JPG31VSoi6-wSL.jpg
                    That looks very similar to the one I have fitted. I bought it from a trader at Bristol Classic Car Show a few years ago, but the usual suppliers don’t seem to stock it. The LDParts one in my link above is the nearest I’ve seen.
                    Dave
                    1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      I have the same problem even with a thinner original one. Still stands proud.
                      Jeff

                      Is it an original boot lid or aftermarket,whats the fit like without the rubber seal fitted,there is some adjustment on the boot hinges

                      Dave
                      73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I too am having problems with the fit of my boot lid, but it is presently taking a back seat until I get my engine running again.
                        The rubber on the right hand side has been pushed upwards because the lid is too close, and have tried adjusting the 4 bolts that control the height and forward movement, but no luck so far and it is still catching the bodywork, I think it has got banged sometime in the past.
                        Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Do the seals have holes punched in the inner face? These allow air out when the seal is compressed. If not they can be made with the type of tool used to make holes in leather etc.
                          Steve

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by new to this View Post

                            Jeff

                            Is it an original boot lid or aftermarket,whats the fit like without the rubber seal fitted,there is some adjustment on the boot hinges

                            Dave
                            Hi Dave, Yes original as far as I know and fits perfect without the seal. When I resprayed it, I should have checked and adjusted the lid over a piece of wood to bend it a little as it's only proud where the chrome strip meets the horseshoes therefore highlighting the problem.

                            Jeff.
                            I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell me to do!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I have always used C O H Baines for parts like this, and they seem to have one very similar to the above:

                              https://coh-baines.co.uk/product/dx-...ught-excluder/
                              Header tanks - you can't beat a bit of bling.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X