Picture or drawing of front exhaust hanger needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture or drawing of front exhaust hanger needed

Went to put on my all new ss system. Seems I am missing a few things. Rear hanger for the tailpipe is not there. I can figure out how to make that, but the entire front mount I do not have a clue what it should look like. ( T35 auto) Rimmer shows a Z bracket, ( 158382 ) but no idea what it bolts to or dimensions so I can make one.

Super fine quality control!

Attached Files

Comment

Hi
      if you go on Rimmers web site your need item 158382 for manual or BW35 if you have a BW65 your need item UKC5780
      hope that helps
      Both brackets dont come with an exhaust

Dave
      73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

Comment

I see the part in the catalog, but no clue what it attaches to. I don't see any hole where it might mount. It looks like it is a hard mount and not isolated. THat is why I would like a picture of how it should be so I can fabricate something to replace it. I have learned the catalog does not show all the parts even though it is better than the factory manual.

To boot, the quality of the system is so bad, neither brackets are in the right place. One hits the trans crossmember as it is at least half an inch in the wrong place so it is at an angle.

Comment

I think I have one I ordered but need to find it in the many boxes in the attic.. give me a few..

terry
          Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

on mine (now removed) the bracket you have missing just joined the 2 together, dont know if that was right though

Comment

https://www.socforum.com/forum/forum...box-attachment

drews post shows it

terry
              Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

The bracket bolts to the gearbox casing and to the two down pipes,you said your down pipe brackets dont line up,so your need to modify your exhaust bracket to suit your exhaust system or make a new bracket

Dave
                73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

Comment

On my BW35 stag the bracket doesnt look like 158382 . Mine is definitely more meatier that the one show in Rimmer's catalog,

Comment

Here's mine...
                    20111122_114825.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Phil S View Post
                      on mine (now removed) the bracket you have missing just joined the 2 together, dont know if that was right though
                      I didn't bother to secure mine to the tail end of the gearbox when the car had BW35 and didn't with the Manual J-Type when that went in.

Secured at manifold, rear subframe and boot floor. Been like that since 1994 with the same stainless exhaust
                      Stags and Range Rover Classics - I must be a loony

Comment

Picture helps. Thanks. I think it needs support, so I guess I am on my own. Can't see how a bracket could make it all the way up to the trans case but if rigidly mounted, that would be the only option. RIgid would move the flex away from the head to manifold joint I guess. Fabricated a replacement rear tailpipe hanger. Mine was missing as a mouse nest had rusted a small bit of boot floor. Right there!

Comment

Fab'd this morning. Paint drying. I'll post when installed. 2 U bolts, angle iron cross piece and leg from a bed frame for the support. Sitting on shock absorber rubber bushings. Rimmer acknowledged the issue and said would contact their supplier. I still have no clue how the part in the catalogue would find anything to bolt to. The trans if over a foot away forward of the crossmember.

They are sending me a new set of brake pads too as the first ones had 4 of one shape, not 2 and 2. I guess in total, I am running about the same rate of parts being wrong as my MGB build. Darn close to being able to test drive it. Frustrating as my first career was in manufacturing quality.

So this handled. Back to one of the steering rack pipes leaking. Just like some of the brake lines, PO gorilla wrenching deformed the flairs. I'm not that good at bending and flaring, but I guess I get more practice. I wish Rimmer had a set of pre-bent pipes.

Comment

Here is what I came up with.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Don't some MGBs share the same brake pads. For parts In USA. try British parts north west and type stag in the search box

Comment

Working...
                              X