Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 years.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

    I'm currently trying to fit an aircon into my GT6, that's proving a little more challenging!
    We call that a Spitfire
    '72 Manual O/d Saffron Yellow

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by davidf View Post

      We call that a Spitfire
      I bet you drive an MG don't you??

      Comment


        #18
        Absolutely not!!! I have Stags since 1983, and a Spitfire about 10 years before that.
        '72 Manual O/d Saffron Yellow

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by davidf View Post
          Absolutely not!!! I have Stags since 1983, and a Spitfire about 10 years before that.
          I wonder how many Stag owners were influenced in their choice of buying one by having previously driven or owned Triumph models.
          In the early 60's I passed my driving test in a Triumph Herald, and in the 70's owned 2 new Spitfires, a Mk3 then a MK4 model.
          I also used to be regularly get driven round at the time by Computer Salesmen in Triumph 2.5PI's.
          I at first wanted a GT6 but couldn't afford one, and loved the Stag which was even more expensive.
          Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

          Comment


            #20
            Terry, may be an element of truth in what you say. However my dad was always a BMC/BLMC driver owner, hated short stroke high revving Fords ‘cos they wore out so quickly, Vauxhall’s rusted and he wouldn’t buy foreign. He preferred the long stroke slower revving B series. It rubbed off and I owned a variety of Spitfires and Spridgets, Marina TC and Ital, although he preferred 1800 Landcrabs and an Austin 3-Litre.

            I also worked in my first job for a Logistics company that was a group company of a Leyland dealership. Directors had 2.5PI, 2500S or Rover SD1 (2600 and 3500), Senior Managers had Princess or Maxis and others had Marinas or Allegros - don’t remember anyone having a Stag. Loved the Dolomite, especially the “original” 1850 HL and still like the Mk 2 2500S, but company cars took hold and I had what I was given. Bought my first and only Stag nearly 12 years ago at 52,still love it.

            Memories eh?

            Ian F

            Comment


              #21
              If next year 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the Triumph Stag it is also the 100th anniversary of Alvis cars. Looking forward to some parties - hopefully ! No driving though.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Ian F View Post
                Terry, may be an element of truth in what you say. However my dad was always a BMC/BLMC driver owner, hated short stroke high revving Fords ‘cos they wore out so quickly, Vauxhall’s rusted and he wouldn’t buy foreign. He preferred the long stroke slower revving B series. It rubbed off and I owned a variety of Spitfires and Spridgets, Marina TC and Ital, although he preferred 1800 Landcrabs and an Austin 3-Litre.
                I also worked in my first job for a Logistics company that was a group company of a Leyland dealership. Directors had 2.5PI, 2500S or Rover SD1 (2600 and 3500), Senior Managers had Princess or Maxis and others had Marinas or Allegros - don’t remember anyone having a Stag. Loved the Dolomite, especially the “original” 1850 HL and still like the Mk 2 2500S, but company cars took hold and I had what I was given. Bought my first and only Stag nearly 12 years ago at 52,still love it.
                Memories eh?
                Ian F
                My brother owned an 1800S "LandCrab" which was incredibly spacious and quite quick, at the time when he was working for Access in Southend, and the 2 mates he shared a rental house with near there each had Lotus Europas. At the time I think I was between cars, and drove down to see him there in a hired Mk3 Cortina. As you say some great memories of the time, and not long after he got married and bought a house in Hiullbridge. Haven't seen my brother (who is 8 years younger than I am) in a long time, and he now lives in Droitwich.

                Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

                  I bet you drive an MG don't you??
                  I's got an MG too Bro..................

                  John.
                  Your wife is right, size matters. 3.9RV8

                  Comment


                    #24
                    It would be nice to have a commenatarive badge to attach to the front grill to celebrate the occasion - is anyone going to produce one?
                    Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I need to double check - it was certainly discussed at a meeting I was at a few months ago.
                      Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Goldstar View Post

                        You could afford a. Stag when you were 12? Decent paper round that

                        there will be a big event at Silverstone date tbc with a parade from LD1 to the end in commission plate order, hoping that BMH will let the last one built out for the day, if not Terry will have to come along with the penultimate one. Keep your eye on the website and mag for more details.
                        Except Alan Thomas owns the penultimate one and it's in bits.
                        Carbs suck.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Stagdad View Post

                          Except Alan Thomas owns the penultimate one and it's in bits.
                          So I found out in post #7 Steve. Alan has a deadline now, I always find they help
                          Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Tdm View Post
                            It would be nice to have a commenatarive badge to attach to the front grill to celebrate the occasion - is anyone going to produce one?
                            The SOC has got one planned for Silverstone Classic National Day 2020
                            Plenty of room in the back for the dog

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Goldstar View Post

                              You could afford a. Stag when you were 12? Decent paper round that

                              there will be a big event at Silverstone date tbc with a parade from LD1 to the end in commission plate order, hoping that BMH will let the last one built out for the day, if not Terry will have to come along with the penultimate one. Keep your eye on the website and mag for more details.
                              Info now posted in Club business
                              Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X