Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 years.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    50 years.

    Am I right in assuming that 2020 will be the 50 year celebration of the launch of the Stag?
    If so, what celebrations are arranged and what will be the impact upon values of our products?

    #2
    Not sure about any value change, up, or down!!
    No difference I feel.
    It seems a long time ago when I bought mine at 12 year old though!
    Mike.
    74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mjheathcote View Post
      Not sure about any value change, up, or down!!
      No difference I feel.
      It seems a long time ago when I bought mine at 12 year old though!
      You could afford a. Stag when you were 12? Decent paper round that

      there will be a big event at Silverstone date tbc with a parade from LD1 to the end in commission plate order, hoping that BMH will let the last one built out for the day, if not Terry will have to come along with the penultimate one. Keep your eye on the website and mag for more details.
      Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

      Comment


        #4
        Hi, how long have you owned it now then? Be interesting to see how many long term owners are out there??

        Comment


          #5
          I have owned mine for 40 years. A few months old when I bought it in 1979. Now undergoing major restoration.
          John
          1978 Stag Brooklands Green; 1986 Porsche Carrera SC

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Niallcat View Post
            Hi, how long have you owned it now then? Be interesting to see how many long term owners are out there??
            Had mine for 24 years. It's been restored twice; first time badly, second time properly.

            Dave

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Goldstar View Post

              You could afford a. Stag when you were 12? Decent paper round that

              there will be a big event at Silverstone date tbc with a parade from LD1 to the end in commission plate order, hoping that BMH will let the last one built out for the day, if not Terry will have to come along with the penultimate one. Keep your eye on the website and mag for more details.
              According to Arbman Al - Alan Thomas owns the penultimate Stag. I'm into my 26th year of ownership at present - bought in 1994 as only the 2nd owner. Just need to overcome my present problems with it and get it on the road again.

              Just been watching on TV a Celebrety Antiques Road Show with a lovely Merc 220E Convertible on it, and an electric BMC Mini (not the BMW version). The 60s seems to be the theme at the moment as last night went to watch (for free) a very good Beatles tribute band in our local nearest Centre, which packed the place and had lots of people up dancing, even 2 to 3 year old youngsters there with their parents couldn't help themselves from swinging along to the music. Brought back lots of happy memories, and even though it was a Canarion/Spanish foursome they sung perfectly in English (a whole era of Beatles songs), and the guitar work was excellent, as good as I have heard on any Beatles track, and I have in my collection most of the Beatles LPs.
              Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Tdm View Post

                According to Arbman Al - Alan Thomas owns the penultimate Stag.
                That’s right, my white Stag is the serial number immediately before the Gaydon exhibit. Need to get a move on though as it’s stripped for paint at the moment and I have been lavishing all the care on the red car

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wonder what happened to the cars produced immediately prior to yours Alan, ie.the penultimate penultimate Stag and the ones made just before it?
                  How come yours is white, and the last one is green, I would have expected yours to be green also!?
                  Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Niallcat View Post
                    Hi, how long have you owned it now then? Be interesting to see how many long term owners are out there??
                    Bought mine, to within a couple of days, 33 years ago, for 3,400.
                    4 years later after being a daily driver, winter and summer, took her off the road and did a bare shell nut and bolt restoration.
                    That took me 5 years and she was back on the road finished in '95
                    Back then no digital cameras, Internet, forums for support, it was quite lonely at times, when things weren't going right, however one could also say little to distract too.
                    Apart from mods and servicing, just enjoyed her last 24 years
                    Mike.
                    74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I brought my first M in mid 76 now a donor for my R reg bought about 25 years ago it's showing its age along with me I'm saving up slowly. I enjoy reading about your adventures, repairs, renovations, modifications

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Tdm View Post
                        I wonder what happened to the cars produced immediately prior to yours Alan, ie.the penultimate penultimate Stag and the ones made just before it?
                        How come yours is white, and the last one is green, I would have expected yours to be green also!?
                        I don’t think they came down the line in colour batches, old films I have seen show all the colours mixed up. One variation to mine, it was first sold to a Leyland manager, is that it was fitted with aircon years after they officially stopped fitting aircon, I suspect the parts were found and a quiet word in the right ear was made.
                        I just couldn’t be bothered with getting it working and gave the aircon bits to Rauol, living up on Australia’s Gold Coast he simply couldn’t use his Stag in summer without it and I could never see me using it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          We've owned ours since 1988. Engine rebuild in 1990 (by Howard Vesey), other mechanical bits and pieces through the years, and the sides were repainted in or around the mid 90's.
                          The car has never been completely stripped and is very original specification. Just had lowered front springs fitted trying to get the ride height right, after replacing the original 1974 ones - the nearside one having started to rub on the tower.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            8 Years and 5k

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by alan_thomas View Post

                              I don’t think they came down the line in colour batches, old films I have seen show all the colours mixed up. One variation to mine, it was first sold to a Leyland manager, is that it was fitted with aircon years after they officially stopped fitting aircon, I suspect the parts were found and a quiet word in the right ear was made.
                              I just couldn’t be bothered with getting it working and gave the aircon bits to Rauol, living up on Australia’s Gold Coast he simply couldn’t use his Stag in summer without it and I could never see me using it.
                              And it's still keeping me cool now! I'm currently trying to fit an aircon into my GT6, that's proving a little more challenging!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X