First job and..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First job and..

First Job for putting this car together and its fitting the boot. and Grrrr.. the seal is too big! boot sits perfectly without the seal and sticks up with it

Looks like I'll be ordering one from LD parts unless someone has any other Ideas that will be easy to get in USA?

Bonnet fits good though!

bonnet.JPG

Terry
    Last edited by trunt; 8th November 2019, 06:18.
    Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

looking good

Comment

Hi Terry one of the leaders at the stag club had this problem and he says he was advised to get a tr6 one as it’s a lower profile and his fits perfectly, I had asked him due to mine being high as well,
      regards David
      Last edited by Davem62; 7th November 2019, 15:51.

Comment

I've had the same problems in the past but got one from Paddocks who do one which is the correct smaller profile.

Comment

don't know about the seal but the cars looks ace mate

Comment

You know there is a small amount of adjustment on the boot hinges

Dave
            73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

Comment

How do you adjust the hinges? Since mine were replaced, one side of the boot sits slightly higher where before they were level. Cheers M

Comment

Inside the soft-top well under the tonnau cover there are 4 bolts each side holding the hinges, the holes are oversized so have a little leeway for adjustment. loosen them and push down!

Terry

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Nice one Terry, thanks for the quick reply. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markmark2 View Post
                    How do you adjust the hinges? Since mine were replaced, one side of the boot sits slightly higher where before they were level. Cheers M
                    The right angle plate that holds the boot lid on,theres two more bolts loosen them your get a little bit more adjustment on the boot lid height

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by trunt View Post

Inside the soft-top well under the tonnau cover there are 4 bolts each side holding the hinges, the holes are oversized so have a little leeway for adjustment. loosen them and push down!

Terry
                      Theres not really any boot lid adjustment from those bolts

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by new to this View Post

Theres not really any boot lid adjustment from those bolts

Dave
                        There is a little bit if you are lucky, the holes are oversized so perhaps a few mm? I just did it last night. Maybe try both?

Terry

terry
                        Last edited by trunt; 8th November 2019, 00:41.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

have you tried the original ?

Comment

Originally posted by malc4d View Post
                            have you tried the original ?
                            That went in the bin a long time ago, along with every other perished bit of rubber!

Just looked at my MGB and that seal also looks like it will work, just need to make sure it would be long enough. Luckily I have a friend who will have that in stock so I can find out easily.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Just offered up the repro tank, does not look like its going to fit without some fettling.

Is the drain plug supposed to be poking out through the hole in the boot or "hover" above it so that a bung will fit? My mounting holes do not align -- mostly due to that drain plug forcing the tank into a wrong position, so I was thinking of shimming it initially but its already very high. The drain plug is huge, about 1/2 inch sticks down I may need to grind it down as well.

Terry

PS replacement rear lamp lenses are not great either, Not a great start here!
                              Last edited by trunt; Yesterday, 17:28.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X