Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Stevenson - Sadly Passed

I've been asked by an old SOC member to let you know about this sad news:

"Not sure if anyone is familiar with Keith Stevenson from Tynwald Triumph in Warrington
    Unfortunately Keith passed away last week after a short illness.
    What Keith didn't know about Stags you could put on the back of a stamp and he will be sadly missed by myself and lots of others
    Keith was more of a North of England figure really so people on here might not have known him
    He was certainly known by some on the SOC forum but I can't see any mention of his passing there."

Jonno

Keith was widely known and extremely well respected within the Lancashire, Cheshire and Manchester Areas
    He gave me several useful tips when I was rebuilding my top end / heads etc a few years or three ago

North Lancashire have also recently lost a member of many years, Ian Lomax who died suddenly.
    He was a regular at Flookburgh Cumbria Steam and several other shows around the North West
    He was only 54 and leaves a wife, a daughter and a son

They will both be a huge loss in these parts, and will be sadly missed by very many.
    Phil, Mk 2, 1974 Emerald Green, Auto, (HT & Kenlowe Fan)

Comment

Well said .
      Cheers Alex
      Mk 1 White 19 ,MK1 Hood, Red trim TRV8 Minilite

Comment

Keith was a very good friend, a very nice man and was well respected for his work on Stags. All those who knew him in the North West will miss him.
        Best wishes to his wife Anne Marie.

Comment

We will certainly all miss Keith very much, up in our part of the country, a great guy and always good company. No-one ever has a short conversation with Keith and he was always willing to pass on his advice and know-how. Such a shame that he and all his knowledge are no longer with us.
          RIP Keith
          Plenty of room in the back for the dog

Comment

I am very sorry to read this.

it was Keith who rebuilt my Stag's engine six years ago and his attention to detail was remarkable. After the first thousand miles, my son and I went on a tour around France, Luxembourg and Germany with the Stag running so sweetly.

I remember his workshop was like an Aladdin's cave with various parts of cars, mainly Stags, but he had a couple of old Fords too. When he invoiced me for the rebuild It was five pages of beautifully hand written text. He apparently never had a computer and his mobile phone looked like a relic from the 1980s.

A real character.
            Bereft of a Triumph of any description.

Comment

I was so saddened to hear this news. I met Keith for the first time at Cholmondeley this summer and he was a delight to chat to. He gave me so much advice about my car, he couldn’t have taken more trouble and was a true gentleman. Such a loss to the Stag community, I know he will be much missed.

Comment

Going to Keith’s Funeral today
                details are Walton Lea Crematorium at 11.40am if any one would like to attend.

Comment

Working...
                X