X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing rack parts?

I do not have these on my car:
    https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-150711U

Not quite sure where they go or if I need them. Not in the manual, and Rimmer catalog is not terribly clear. Clearly, someone has been there before me. Name of "locating plate" suggests the serve a valid function.

Yes they fit onto the x member (large side) and rack (small side) forming a 90 degree support. How was your rack fixed to the car then?
    Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

I have the two right angle pieces. These look like spacers that sit between the rack and right angle.

Comment

Just looking again They’re not the parts I thought they were. I’ve had my rack off and on again about 6 times this summer but can’t recall if those were up there
        Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Have a look at this photo

P1060418.JPG if no help will go out and take a close up, let me know

The yellow team
          "The UK,s Most Easterly Stag" Quad Exhaust- ZF 4 Speed BOX

Comment

I thought they went the other way round so the two right angles nestle into each other. The idea of the angled slots is to wedge the rack to prevent it shifting sideways in the slotted mounting holes.
            Neil
            TV8, efi, fast road cams and home built manifolds. 246bhp 220lbft torque

Comment

Ah, so they go between the bolt head and the bracket?

Comment

This is how I fiited the steering rack

Triumph Stag AM-51-34 stuurinrichting_19c_mail.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Peter924; 10th October 2019, 22:05.

Comment

i have them on my stag, fit outside of the angle bracket on the flange, the bolt goes through the whole lot and allows for it to locate nice and tight

so in answer to your thread title, yes you are
                  Last edited by richardthestag; 10th October 2019, 22:41.
                  Stags and Range Rover Classics - I must be a loony

Comment

Super. I'll add them to my order. So they go between the rack and bracket as picture in Post 8. Man are there a lot of "professional" mechanics who should not be in business. A retired computer scientist should not be identifying so many things wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter924 View Post
                      This is how I fiited the steering rack
                      That’s wrong. The small brackets fit below the bigger brackets with the curved edge against the inner bend of the larger one.

7E87E854-5BC6-4AD7-8DD9-BADDAF07E6D8.png4A968FBC-2755-4BD6-8B8E-6B62C86718FF.png
                      Dave
                      1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Thanks Dave. Saved me from changing something that was right in the 1st place.

Comment

Originally posted by DJT View Post

That’s wrong. The small brackets fit below the bigger brackets with the curved edge against the inner bend of the larger one.

7E87E854-5BC6-4AD7-8DD9-BADDAF07E6D8.png4A968FBC-2755-4BD6-8B8E-6B62C86718FF.png
                          You are right, it was an old picture. This is the present situation.

Triumph Stag AM-51-34 stuurinrichting_24c_mail.jpg

Comment

Makes more sense. That was my original thought. Guess Peter needs to flip his.

Comment

Working...
                            X