RH Insurance Quote for my Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RH Insurance Quote for my Daily Driver

I was surprised to see the Ad in this months mag from RH claiming to be 10% cheaper for my daily driver which is a Jaguar x type Diesel Estate. They used the same personal details from my Stag policy and then emailed me a quote for over 1800 for 12 months! Compare the Meerkat came back with 320.00. Needless to say I didn't go with RH.
    I have had no problems with my Stag Insurance which is very reasonable

My Fiesta insurance is due next month so it might be interesting to see how much RH would quote me,given that my Stag is also with them. Last year it cost me about 125 on a comparison site and I also got a 20 Texaco fuel voucher which meant I got cover for just over a hundred quid.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie6 View Post
      My Fiesta insurance is due next month so it might be interesting to see how much RH would quote me,given that my Stag is also with them. Last year it cost me about 125 on a comparison site and I also got a 20 Texaco fuel voucher which meant I got cover for just over a hundred quid.

Richard
      They won't quote on a premium under 150, that's what they told me, my Merc c220 costs 197.57 daily driver
      "The UK,s Most Easterly Stag" Quad Exhaust- ZF 4 Speed BOX

Comment

Just renewed my stag with RH the renewal letter was apparently wrong and when I phoned the 'correct' premium at £135 was quoted about 8% up on previous year but still down from 5 years ago surprisingly

I feel it’s a good deal with the breakdown cover but seems we all need to all over the cover and changes which I haven’t have with the big insurers

Comment

Originally posted by MandM View Post

They won't quote on a premium under 150, that's what they told me, my Merc c220 costs 197.57 daily driver
          Right ok,not much point bothering then eh. I've had quotes from some of those companies that guarantee to beat your renewal but they then say that a minimum premium applies so in fact they are misleading people. Another one, I think it was Privilege insurance did actually beat my renewal but by 1 so I told them I wasn't going to move for a pound but they wouldn't budge on the price

Richard

Comment

Right ok,not much point bothering then eh. I've had quotes from some of those companies that guarantee to beat your renewal but they then say that a minimum premium applies so in fact they are misleading people. Another one, I think it was Privilege insurance did actually beat my renewal but by 1 so I told them I wasn't going to move for a pound but they wouldn't budge on the price

Richard
            I have my Merc and stag with RH, very pleased with the service and price, but they would not quote on my wife's Yaris, as it was 150, will try and get the Yaris cheaper when due, using compare etc.
            "The UK,s Most Easterly Stag" Quad Exhaust- ZF 4 Speed BOX

Comment

I'm with Footamn James and happy, maybe worth a try.

Comment

I had a combined Classic and Modern quote from RH yesterday. They were in a different orbit for the modern compared to my current insurer. Their advert guarantee to beat your quote for your everyday modern car is a joke!

Bruce
                1973 GT6 Mk3 Pimento Red
                1974 Stag TV8,MOD,3.45 diff,French Blue,Tomcat seats, Belt EWP, Header Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Rubce View Post
                  I had a combined Classic and Modern quote from RH yesterday. They were in a different orbit for the modern compared to my current insurer. Their advert guarantee to beat your quote for your everyday modern car is a joke!

Bruce
                  I've just been studying the RH advert in his months mag regarding their statement that they'll quote you 10% less than your renewal. The small print then says there are certain criteria to be met regarding minimum premium amounts. This is misleading, bordering on being dishonest and I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with this. The minimum premium is given as 240 which is more than double what I paid for fully comprehensive on my 5 year old Fiesta last year. How can they say they provide highly competitive cover to owners of modern cars?

Richard

Comment

I've just been studying the RH advert in his months mag regarding their statement that they'll quote you 10% less than your renewal. The small print then says there are certain criteria to be met regarding minimum premium amounts. This is misleading, bordering on being dishonest and I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with this. The minimum premium is given as 240 which is more than double what I paid for fully comprehensive on my 5 year old Fiesta last year. How can they say they provide highly competitive cover to owners of modern cars?

Richard
                    Special offers from anyone always come with some small print attached.

My experience with insuring moderns with RH is that they have saved myself and my son a lot of money on our policies.
                    We are very pleased with the deal we have got from them.

Pete

Comment

I have insured my modern with them for many years now, and never yet found equivalent cover for less than I am paying at the time, particularly if you take in to account that you get the same recovery service as you have with the Stag, at no extra cost.
                      Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Lingen View Post
                        , particularly if you take in to account that you get the same recovery service as you have with the Stag, at no extra cost.
                        Mike.
                        My Fiesta is serviced at my local Ford dealership and they give me free AA cover as part of the service package.

We have two cars in our household but as I'm the only driver I can only drive one car at once so I would have expected a better deal for a second car but that said I don't have any issues with the coverage I get from RH for the Stag

Richard

Comment

Working...
                        X