Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut brace

Hello,
    Im thinking of fitting a strut brace and don't have the facilities to make one

.I know that there is supposed to be an improvement in stability handling etc

After a brief look on line cant see where to buy one,was wondering,

A : where people bought theirs from?

B: What if any noticeable improvements where noted,

Thank you in advance
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I don't know about buying a front strut brace for the Stag, but have a look at post #105 for how our fellow member bullstarz did his. I assume it is one he built himself.

https://www.socforum.com/forum/forum...vti-stag/page3

As for noticeable improvements on a standard Stag I have no idea, it probably won't hurt but if the body is otherwise solid I assume it's not going to make a significant difference to the handling.

Cheers,
    Joakim
    1975 Triumph Stag - TV8 & MOD. Still in sickbay...

Comment

Originally posted by jagorstag View Post
      Hi Mark,

I don't know about buying a front strut brace for the Stag, but have a look at post #105 for how our fellow member bullstarz did his. I assume it is one he built himself.

https://www.socforum.com/forum/forum...vti-stag/page3

As for noticeable improvements on a standard Stag I have no idea, it probably won't hurt but if the body is otherwise solid I assume it's not going to make a significant difference to the handling.

Cheers,
      Joakim
      Hi,
      Joakim,

yes read that thread,Bullstarz made his as said ive not got the facilities, but thank you

cheers Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, I know, but maybe there is a local metal workshop you could ask to make one for you? It probably wouldn't cost a whole lot, just a thought.

Cheers,
        Joakim
        1975 Triumph Stag - TV8 & MOD. Still in sickbay...

Comment

I have been thinking of doing one for a while, I made one years ago for a mk2 lotus cortina and the difference was noticeable.
          I now have my lathe and mill home and working, so will post pictures if I go ahead

Comment

Hi Maverick, I don't have one, so can't comment on their effectiveness, but Demon Tweeks sell them.

Dave

Comment

Monarch used to sell them, but no longer...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil S View Post
                I have been thinking of doing one for a while, I made one years ago for a mk2 lotus cortina and the difference was noticeable.
                I now have my lathe and mill home and working, so will post pictures if I go ahead
                Thanks Phil would like to see pics

Comment

Originally posted by 022Dave View Post
                  Hi Maverick, I don't have one, so can't comment on their effectiveness, but Demon Tweeks sell them.

Dave
                  Hi
                  I guess that's not Stag specific,

Interestingly some where made by Canley classics copied from for the Triumph P.I rally car in 70s,i don't know if they would fit

Comment

With the ZS carbs, a standard strut brace would be difficult, but the "Monte'Carlo" bar would seem to fit just fine. The difference between the two diagonals, Ford's innovation was to make it one piece to make it a "frame" rather than two "truss" positions. ( in statics speak)

Comment

Working...
                    X