Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood release cable

Hi All,.
    Any body know the cable length needed ( inches or cm) to put another hood release on the right hand side.
    many thanks Phil

Hi Phil, Use a complete one from a Mk2 R/h drive saloon or estate. If you get one from a wrecker you should be able to get the interior bracket also.
    Cheers Ian A

Comment

it is one long cable that goes through both cover catches.

a second cable goes to the plunger release,

I used a generic bike cable from halfords. if you have the cover up it is fairly easy to measure
      Stags and Range Rover Classics - I must be a loony

Comment

Where did you get the extra Fittings needed to attach the cable?

Comment

Photos in the Media section of my profile. The bolts are cheese head stainless 6mm bolts with a suitable hole drilled through the shank. Drilling the hole in the moveable arm of the catch can be difficult as it is case hardened. I used a Dremel to grind through the surface prior to drilling.

https://www.socforum.com/forum/member/7-djt/media

The cable came from another Triumph, but plenty of other BL cars of the period used the same cable and release handle. Get a mounting bracket from a Stag or saloon; the mounting holes are already in the underside of the dash panel on both sides.
          Last edited by DJT; 12th September 2019, 08:36.
          Dave
          1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Excellent thx

Comment

Another way to skin the cat - no drilling required

Bonnet Release LoRes.jpg

Comment

range rover cable on order from ebay for 6 quid, bit of ally angle for the bracket, fittings for the catch in hand.
                pictures to follow

Comment

Originally posted by StagJonno View Post
                  Another way to skin the cat - no drilling required

Bonnet Release LoRes.jpg
                  That is a good idea, thx

Comment

How very confusing! I looked at this thread thinking someone wanted to put a soft top release on the RHS, only to find that they wanted a bonnet release on the RHS!
                    Mabel is a white 1972 Mk1, TV8, ZF 4HP-22 auto,
                    2016 RBRR finisher. 400 mile C2C 21/22 April 2018!

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Not sure it is possible to change the title of a post once created.

Comment

Originally posted by SwissSteve View Post
                        Sorry for the confusion. Not sure it is possible to change the title of a post once created.
                        Just change your name to "AmericanSteve" - problem solved
                        So many cars, so little time!

Comment

Originally posted by mole42 View Post
                          How very confusing! I looked at this thread thinking someone wanted to put a soft top release on the RHS, only to find that they wanted a bonnet release on the RHS!
                          Glad someone else was also confused in the same direction ! I had to double check on Phil S location to confirm what side of the big pond ,,, .. Hoods, Trunks, Motors, Wrenches...Americanisms - Phah !!

Apologies for hi-jacking thread - Don't get me started on pronunciations either. I regularly watch car related TV shows based in America like Speed is the New Black or Iron Resurrections. One scene involved some metal work to the front skirt / valance panel .. I thought he was talking about a colleague - Pronounced Val Lance
                          Last edited by ramjam2005; 13th September 2019, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
                          X