jaguar manual door mirrors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jaguar manual door mirrors

I remember seeing a car with Jag door mirrors fitted to it. Does anyone here have them and have a few pics ?

Hi, The 4wd Stag has electric Jag mirrors, I have a pair also but not yet fitted, still working their way up the list.
    Cheers, Ian A

Comment

1978 mk2 with Rover 4.2 V8 fuel injected, Datsun half shafts, rear disc brakes, Image 15" wheels.

Comment

Pictures of my electric Jaguar mirrors posted above.
        1978 mk2 with Rover 4.2 V8 fuel injected, Datsun half shafts, rear disc brakes, Image 15" wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by atc40 View Post
          Pictures of my electric Jaguar mirrors posted above.
          No can see pal.
          Chris TV8 O/D Carmine, Scirocco TDI 180 R Line

Comment

bump

Comment

Yes, the mirrors fitted (Tex brand) to my Stag are frankly more ornamental than functional !
              This is despite also being fitted with the black plastic "cups" supplied by LD Parts
              STILL not enough range of movement to let you see traffic behind you, unless you are only 4ft tall!
              Out of curiosity, do the Jaguar ones successfully cover over previously drilled holes ?? (i.e. , are the bases larger than the Tex ones ?? )
              Am thinking about possible water ingress down into the doors, causing rot.
              Anyone's advice/experience very welcome!
              Have a good weekend,

Neil.
              '77 Tahiti Blue, Spax, MoD, poly-bushed.

Comment

I have the US Stag spec mirrors.
                Fitted to a few Jags back in the day and lots of AMC American cars.
                When I made my set up used a combination of Jag and AMC parts from ebay US.
                They look good, but the actual rear view I would say isn't much better than the UK fixed mirrors. Compared to modern door mirrors they are all poor.
                Mike.
                74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

Comment

Those guys using tex mirrors, are they flat mirrors or convex? On my "B" the flat mirrors were awful, I changed them to convex and its much better.

terry
                  Last edited by trunt; 17th August 2019, 18:23.
                  Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Convex, no visibility problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KOY 23 View Post
                      Convex, no visibility problems.
                      Likewise
                      Dave
                      1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by malc4d View Post
                        I remember seeing a car with Jag door mirrors fitted to it. Does anyone here have them and have a few pics ?
                        I have manual ones £15 each of bay.
                        Ian
                        Attached Files

Comment

Of course convex! My post was edited for that embarrassing mistake..

OK
                          So those saying the tex are no good try getting convex mirrors, you can just buy just the glass mirror insert for not much money..

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by trunt View Post
                            Of course convex! My post was edited for that embarrassing mistake..

OK
                            So those saying the tex are no good try getting convex mirrors, you can just buy just the glass mirror insert for not much money..
                            hi
                            So for clarification
                            I understand the concave/convex, distinction

do Tex do a covex lens or is convex also a brand,or are you saying obtain a convex lens to stick over the questionable visibility of the Tex unit.

thanks Mark

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post

hi
                              So for clarification
                              I understand the concave/convex, distinction

do Tex do a covex lens or is convex also a brand,or are you saying obtain a convex lens to stick over the questionable visibility of the Tex unit.

thanks Mark
                              As long as you have a tex type B head (most are) they sell replacement mirrors that you can install instead of the flat one. They are on the tex website under “spares”

https://www.motoringclassics.co.uk/replacement-glass

UKP 5.63

terry

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X