Possbly the penultimate Stag made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possbly the penultimate Stag made?

Currently in Southampton Airport awaiting flight to Manchester as will be staying in Chester a few days before flying home to Tenerife.
    Just disembarked from a very good Baltic cruise (will upload pictures to my You Tube site later), where in Travemunde Germany saw a rhd brg 77 Stag Auto which the German owner who I stopped said was made late in 1977. It looks very much like the last one that is in Gaydon Motor Museum.

Will ttempt to post a picture below. Also in Travemunde on the Promenade saw an immaculate old BMW sports car which I will attempt to post a picure of below (I am not using my normal home PC at present - it's still in Tenerife).

The Stag had an interesting German registration with "GB" as the middle 2 letters, and appeared to be standrd apart from modern alloy wheels which the German owner said caused a problem when he first tried to register the car in Germany. Didn't have time to ask him the chassis number as we were causing a traffic jam.

If pictures don't appear below - will try again later. Additional pictures will be in my YouTube video when I complete it. Also seen near Travemunde was a nice old Citroen DS, and a white Morris Minor Traveller, which even our German Tour Guide seemed excited to see as we were on a coach when it passed!

Thought Travemunde was a very nice small but popular seaside resort, reminding me of a small unpretenious British one of years one by.

PS. Had no internet access on board ship (too expensive), but did get a text from my Tenerife bodywork man saying he had completed work on it, and parked the car back in our Car Park for me ready fow when I get ome on the 18th of August.

_MG_9282.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG
    Last edited by Tdm; 14th August 2019, 09:35.
    Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

Hi Terry,

nice to hear from you. The BMW is the rare Z8.
    The Licensplate from the Stag mean HL is Hansestadt Lübeck, the other two letters are free, and the H at the end means Historicel Vehicle.

Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel View Post
      Hi Terry,

nice to hear from you. The BMW is the rare Z8.
      The Licensplate from the Stag mean HL is Hansestadt Lübeck, the other two letters are free, and the H at the end means Historicel Vehicle.

Manuel
      Sorry we weren't able to meet up Manuel, maybe another time as we really enoyed the cruise and all the Ports of Call on it which were :-
      Copenhagen, Helsinki, St.Petersburg, Riga, Travemunde, then sailing the Kiel Canal on the way home.

Will have to upload more than one video clip to YouTube as took loads & loads of photos.
      The only Classic cars seen were in Travemunde, except for an old Cadillac on Russian plates in St.Petersburg, but did take ride on a "Retro" tram in Riga.

IMG_9009.JPG
      Terry (home - Los Cristianos) ~ (YouTube site - "Tenerife Terry" to see uploaded videos)

Comment

Looks like the STAG is advertised for sale now: https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-insera...282647779.html
        1976 TV8 Manual O/D in pimento red
        1986 BMW R80RT

Comment

Originally posted by badenstag View Post
          Looks like the STAG is advertised for sale now: https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-insera...282647779.html
          Yes - that looks the same one, I can't read German, does it anywhere in the desciption give the chassis number which would tell Peter Robinson exctly when it was made?

Comment

For anyone interested - Part 1 of 4 video photo clips of our recent Baltic Cruise has now been uploaded to YouTube and covers Copenhagen (Denmark) and Helsinki (Finiland).
            Parts 2 to 4 will follow in due course.

PS. Part 2 - visit to St.Petersburg now currently uploading and the Link reference is - https://youtu.be/eKvj3n_16tA
            Last edited by Tdm; 15th August 2019, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdm View Post

Yes - that looks the same one, I can't read German, does it anywhere in the desciption give the chassis number which would tell Peter Robinson exctly when it was made?
              No, it only says, that the first registration was in 12/1977
              1976 TV8 Manual O/D in pimento red
              1986 BMW R80RT

Comment

Originally posted by badenstag View Post

No, it only says, that the first registration was in 12/1977
                Ah - then it might not be as new as mine as it was built in June 1977 but only first registered 1st January 1978.
                PS. Now in the process of uploading the 3rd of 4 videos - this one featuing Riga, Latvia and the Link is https://youtu.be/dZ4tSO9lO54

Comment

Last of the 4 Baltic Cruise videos is currently uploading to YouTube and the Link is - https://youtu.be/u16VVI_-huM
                  It features Travemunde, the surrounding Countryside, and then the Kiel Canal that links the Baltic Sea with the North Sea.

Just had a horrible journey from Chester to Chorley and back in our hre car - constant downpour and stop start traffic all the way on the M56, M6, and even the M53 as well. Of course you always see at least one idiot driver on the Motorway, and today was no exception on the M6. A young man of Indian apperance driving a metallic grey BMW (I think it was GV.. EYC) constatly swapping lanes and overtaking on the inside, and in doing so nearly caused a number of accidents as drivers had to brake hard when he dived in front of them when there was no real gap!

Can't wait to get back to the Sunshine and my Stag - fly home on Sunday.
                  Maybe then I can give it good few runs after it's recent problems, and it should look good now that that the bodywork man has cleaned it up whilst we have been away.

To the two German Stag owners who made replies on this Thread - I really liked our short 1 day stay in Travemunde, and there were some lovely looking properties we sailed past on the Kiel Canal (see my video). It will be interesting to see (pehaps you can let me know) if the Stag I saw fetches the 28,000 Euros being asked for it, especcially as it is a right hand drive model in Germany.
                  Last edited by Tdm; 16th August 2019, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
                  X