Door Lock rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Lock rod

I am missing the door lock/unlock rod from the drivers side of my Mk. I. This short rod connects the door handle to the catch assembly- you can see a picture of the rod below. It is a short bent rod with a hook on one side and an eyelet on the other. Anyone know where I can find one of these for my drivers side door?
    Thanks in advance...

Michael

Have you tried Tony White in the traders section ?

Comment

you could always bend one up from 1/8 welding rod.
      Phil

Comment

could you help me on the connection from internal door catch the solid rod ,how does it connect to the door catch ? shows in parts book just washes/spacers and a clip ,what does clip clip too?

Comment

Funnily enough I am just changing the inside door handles as they are worn and rattle annoyingly. The photo shows the rod attachment at the lock end. The clip is to the right of the spring holder.

My spring is broken and has no effect but everything works OK without it.

I was also surprised and pleased to be able to buy from Peter at LD Parts the little plastic link clip (part No 628012) which goes on the other end of the solid rod.

Steve.

Lock1a.png
          SteveD 1972 Mk1.5

Comment

!
            SteveD 1972 Mk1.5

Comment

Hi Steve Thank you for a the picture and reply , whats not show on parts is the fitting stud and circlip on the right of the picture

Comment

Working...
              X