Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new 'what did you do with your Stag today' thread!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by trunt View Post
    Just finished installing my exhaust system.. , crawling around the floor for hours, spilling the oil from the filter and laying my head in it, shampooing my hair 8 times then finding that only a bar of soap would shift it. I feel like I have been 10 rounds with Tyson, ear bite included..

    Please please dont have any leaks!!

    Terry
    Btdt but with ep90 gearbox oil, try getting that out.
    Carbs suck.

    Comment


      Replaced the fuel lines in boot and engine bay; previous bodger had about 15 different hoses all clamped together! Oh, and fitted an in-line filter in too...
      Only the important people have signatures.

      Comment


        Me & the dog took the Stag to have its annual MoT, at our local Morgan garage, which it passed with no advisories. The photo is mainly for Glen (Seaking) to have a reminiscent fix.

        Dave

        IMG_0924.HEIC

        Comment


          Started the Stag!

          Opened my phone camera to record the monumentus occasion, turned the key and she started within 5 seconds.. Then as absolutely usual I found that I had not actually started the recorder but started it when I thouight I was stopping it

          Not checked timing, mixture or anything yet so looks like I got them all in the ballpark.. Thats it until I get the recored Radiator back with a fan mounted but I'm happy enough.

          Anyway here's the second start!

          https://www.terryhunt.co.uk/pics/stag/start.mp4

          ** for some reason that is messed up on iPhone. Try a computer for the full experience
          Last edited by trunt; 17th July 2020, 20:18.
          Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

          www.terryhunt.co.uk

          Comment


            Originally posted by 022Dave View Post
            Me & the dog took the Stag to have its annual MoT, at our local Morgan garage, which it passed with no advisories. The photo is mainly for Glen (Seaking) to have a reminiscent fix.

            Dave

            [ATTACH]n802625[/ATTACH]
            Remember that Garage very well Dave

            Comment


              Originally posted by trunt View Post
              Started the Stag!

              Opened my phone camera to record the monumentus occasion, turned the key and she started within 5 seconds.. Then as absolutely usual I found that I had not actually started the recorder but started it when I thouight I was stopping it

              Not checked timing, mixture or anything yet so looks like I got them all in the ballpark.. Thats it until I get the recored Radiator back with a fan mounted but I'm happy enough.

              Anyway here's the second start!

              https://www.terryhunt.co.uk/pics/stag/start.mp4

              Rats, download.. I'll look into a better way.
              bloody hell Terry it looks gorgeous......well done

              Comment


                Drove it!

                I have faffed around setting the carbs for a few days I have an O2 sensor so its fairly easy, left carb was weaker by the lift test which corresponded with what I saw on the lnitial needle setting. Then had it idling for 30 mins in 92 degrees high humidity weather (feels like 105 they say) to make sure the electric fan can cope, seems to, it comes on for 30 secs then off for 30 secs.. then keeps cycling like that. On switch off the davis craig drops the temps by 10-15 degrees C, nice! I have a couple of oil spots that I am chasing, a steering rack fitting was seeping, got to that, most worrying is a leak around #7, I initially thought the oil pump but its higher, looked like the head gasket, so I retorqued the heads, they moved quite a bit, but now I suspect the cam cover as I found some oil up high on the head..

                Then took it around the neighborhood only under 30 mph, no doors, so you could see the enormous grin.
                Last edited by trunt; 22nd July 2020, 19:52.
                Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

                www.terryhunt.co.uk

                Comment


                  Nice one, Terry. You've put in a lot of work to get here - must be very satisfying
                  White 1976 build ("Mk2") only a few mods

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by StagJonno View Post
                    Nice one, Terry. You've put in a lot of work to get here - must be very satisfying
                    Thanks!

                    Not all sweetness and light.. see my other post..
                    Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

                    www.terryhunt.co.uk

                    Comment


                      Took my Stag from home near Poole to Axminster turning off the A35 through Martinstown, Abbotsbury, Portesham and onto towards Bridport where we rejoined the A35. This was Wednesday when the weather was perfect for the Stag. Other classic car nuts were out too. The views were stunning.
                      The only embarrassing moment was after refuelling at Kilmington I inadvertently activated the immobiliser and alarm and I could not remember which of the 3 buttons would allow us to start without setting off the alarm at each turn of the key
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        Nothing,it pissed down

                        Comment


                          Went to Silverstone Social meet at Tulweston Aerodrome today
                          long queue to get in,The Stag was impeccable with no over heating at all
                          loads af cars there and quite a few Stags
                          Temp didnt go above what is is in the picture ......nice
                          20200726_112721.jpg

                          Comment


                            Gary, can you post what those figures on the temp gauge are?
                            The answer isn't 42, it's 1/137

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 022Dave View Post
                              Me & the dog took the Stag to have its annual MoT, at our local Morgan garage, which it passed with no advisories. The photo is mainly for Glen (Seaking) to have a reminiscent fix.

                              Dave

                              [ATTACH]n802625[/ATTACH]
                              Love the Labrador. Sadly our black Labby died at Christmas,but she was always keen to go for a ride in our machine. Puppy on way but a golden one this time around.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RobinLegin View Post

                                Love the Labrador. Sadly our black Labby died at Christmas,but she was always keen to go for a ride in our machine. Puppy on way but a golden one this time around.
                                He's a Pointer; and the only 'point' he's done was at a bloody seagull! Good luck with your new pup.

                                Dave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X