replied
    Originally posted by MandM View Post
    I also have a Bobby Viscous, works fantastically
    Any relation to Sid Viscous..?

Leave a comment:

• new to this
    replied
    Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
    Yep, got me one of those Heritage ones too!
    me to still not fitting mine,saving it for a rainy day

Leave a comment:

• dasadrew
    replied
    Yep, got me one of those Heritage ones too!

Leave a comment:

• MandM
    replied
    I also have a Bobby Viscous, works fantastically

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by KOY 23 View Post
    IMHO removing the viscous fan is a mistake, it keeps a steady flow of air over the engine and prevents the thermal shock of an electric fan cycling on and off. IMHO many cases of fuel vaporisation are caused by fan removal. No doubt others will disagree.
    yup, agree. I removed my faulty viscous and ran for a year with a 16' Kenlowe. Since fitting a new viscous from Bob H the Kenlowe never comes on. Must be 5 years since fitting the new viscous coupling, I wouldn't be without it now!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by DJT View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Mine has a 16" Kenlowe fitted as well, but it never comes on. The VC fan does the job.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    IMHO removing the viscous fan is a mistake, it keeps a steady flow of air over the engine and prevents the thermal shock of an electric fan cycling on and off. IMHO many cases of fuel vaporisation are caused by fan removal. No doubt others will disagree.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• Goldstar
    replied
    And if you read the technical bulletin that details the tests done some years ago, the viscous fan was a massive part of the reason well maintained engines stay cool. Stuck in traffic temp gauge creeping up? More revs (to about 1500) simples.

Mine came minus VC, has one now

Leave a comment:

• DJT
    replied
    Couldn't agree more. Mine has a 16" Kenlowe fitted as well, but it never comes on. The VC fan does the job.

Leave a comment:

• mjheathcote
    replied
    Originally posted by wilf View Post
    I agree with this, and when I fitted the kenlowe to mine I retained the mechanical fan.

I think the viscous fan helps keep under bonnet temps down.
    I've only the viscous fan.
    When I bought her she only has a big kenlowe, however it didn't take long for me to fit the viscous fan back on, couldn't cope with the swinging temperature gauge!

Leave a comment:

• wilf
    replied
    I agree with this, and when I fitted the kenlowe to mine I retained the mechanical fan.

I think the viscous fan helps keep under bonnet temps down.

Leave a comment:

• KOY 23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StagJonno
    replied
    Haven't you got a viscous fan?
    Yes, but it's in the attic - remove one point of failure - introduce another one! My mech hadn't realised that it was a ballasted coil (Mk2 wire in the loom type) and had used a pickup from the coil to feed the relays. It's a 2-speed and I think the Lo Speed relay must have dropped off whilst the Boost connection was still energised, causing the main power fuse to blow. Easily sorted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X