Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Department.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fuel Department.

    Is the SU fuel pump the best option?
    Are new tank senders better than using the old one?
    Who sells/makes the best fuel hoses?
    What are the main fuel pipes made from?
    What other points are there to consider?

    Any help greatfully recieved...

    Thanks, Andrew.

    #2
    Thanks for looking...

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Staghound View Post
      Is the SU fuel pump the best option?
      Are new tank senders better than using the old one?
      Who sells/makes the best fuel hoses?
      What are the main fuel pipes made from?
      What other points are there to consider?

      Any help greatfully recieved...

      Thanks, Andrew.
      Hi Andrew,

      My thoughts:

      Is the SU fuel pump the best option? I fitted the electric one from LD Parts a few years back and it is fine.
      Are new tank senders better than using the old one? No experience of new senders
      Who sells/makes the best fuel hoses? Fuel hoses will be marked as such with a BS number or CE mark.
      What are the main fuel pipes made from? I've only seen plastic, but some have metal.
      What other points are there to consider? Quality 'Jubilee' clips at each connection.
      Dave
      1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

      Comment


        #4
        I fitted an Ecco brand fuel pump from LD parts. Seems a good piece of kit.
        Rubber fuel pipe for petrol etc is 8mm bore, SAEJ30R6. Main fuel lines are plastic.
        There are special hose clips for fuel lines, 15mm should fit the 8mm rubber hose. .

        Comment


          #5
          Dave,

          Thank you for the reply, I am to getting parts together for the ensuing darker evenings, hoping my esteemed friend will perhaps aid me once again in my quest finish this Stag. I've had a peek at LD parts site, not had stuff from them yet, perhaps I'll try them.

          Thanks, Andrew.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by V Mad View Post
            I fitted an Ecco brand fuel pump from LD parts. Seems a good piece of kit.
            Rubber fuel pipe for petrol etc is 8mm bore, SAEJ30R6. Main fuel lines are plastic.
            There are special hose clips for fuel lines, 15mm should fit the 8mm rubber hose. .
            R6 hose is for unleaded fuel, as most fuel is dosed with a percentage of ethanol, or soon will be. It is advisable to use R9 hose, which is resistant to ethanol.

            Comment


              #7
              Chris,

              Fuel lines are plastic!! Ok, is plastic better than metal? Which flavour of metal is used, is copper good or do I need something harder?

              Hmm...I seem to be all questions, still, I need to find out, thanks for your patience.

              Andrew.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Staghound View Post
                Chris,

                Fuel lines are plastic!! Ok, is plastic better than metal? Which flavour of metal is used, is copper good or do I need something harder?

                Hmm...I seem to be all questions, still, I need to find out, thanks for your patience.

                Andrew.
                They are plastic on my mk1. Plastic probably was first used as it was cheaper. It is also lighter and easier to bend, resistant to corrosion and also fatigue cracking where it is subjected to stress. In preference I think I would stick with plastic, cars have used it for years and I have never seen a plastic line fail other than through physical damage. Rubber on the other hand does deteriorate with age. Metal ones can and do corrode and can suffer fatigue cracks.
                Roger
                White TV8 BW35 no mods and now a Dolly Sprint to keep it company
                So many cars, so little time!

                Comment


                  #9
                  R9 pipe then, good jubilee clips, new pump, will have existing sender checked...

                  Thanks, Andrew.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm trying to find some fuel pipe clips. The turret clips and the carb breather clips. None from the usual suspects seem to have the right bolt holes......

                    Comment


                      #11
                      PTFE lined Goodridge fuel hose / copper pipe / threaded pipe joiners / threaded JIC hose ends.... no chance of anything "popping" off.

                      Comment

                      canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                      pinbahis pinbahis dizitune.com
                      ankara escort
                      Working...
                      X