tailpipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tailpipe

Anyone know the difference between the big and small tailpipes,and yes i know ones big and ones small
    i mead does anyone know the measurement inch or mm.you see i want to buy one, and need to make sure i get correct one Cheers

Cant help with sizes,but the small bore is the original size and would be my preference..

Sam

Comment

i know the large bore is 3 inch dia,just had one made

dave
      73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

Comment

Hi Greystag,

If you are looking to just replace the tail pipe section with a large bore from one of the main suppliers, the diameter is two and a half inches at the outlet under the bumper. There is no difference in pipe size as these directly replaced my small bore tail pipes. If your doing it to get a better sound, don't bother, my small bore tail pipes made a better sound than the large bore does. If you do go ahead I would strongly advise you to view before you buy, I didn't and the finish at the end of the pipe outlet that you see under the bumper is very poor. looks like they have been cut off with a blunt hacksaw.

Steve

Comment

A local guiy is making me a set up that are 2 1/2 inch right to the joint, didnt expect it to affect sound a huge anmount but in my opinion will look better although not original.

James
          sigpic Stag Haulage, Flookburgh
          74 Stag Manual Triumph V8, Loads of other vintage scrap

Comment

The 'bible' (James Taylor's The Restorers Guide ) states "the Mk11 Stags had smaller-bore tailpipe outlets, which are in fact entirely cosmetic....." - however it doesn't give details of what sizes the two different ones are.

Cheers

Julian

Comment

Originally posted by greystag View Post
              Anyone know the difference between the big and small tailpipes,and yes i know ones big and ones small
              i mead does anyone know the measurement inch or mm.you see i want to buy one, and need to make sure i get correct one Cheers
              mr greystag if you want a small bore set of rear pipes ? my mate lives about three mile down the road from you and has informed me he has a nice pair that you are welcome to foc . very nice man indeed . if you want them send me your mobile by pm and I will pass it on he can contact you and you can make arrangements to collect them .
              regards
              steve
              Beautiful early mk1 white tv8 mod? MGB GT and now looking for another V8

Comment

Working...
              X