X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAG CHOKE

Hi Guys!

Am sure someone could tell me! ?

After removing my Choke cable on my 74MK2 STAG revealed why I never had any panel warning illumination when on!- you guessed it....no switch! obviously had been some problem in the past.

Anyway I bagged another one of EBAY which has arrived- but sadly no switch! -am trying to source.....I have found a purple wire hanging loose off the loom-nearby which I assume is for same-??

What I cannot get my head round is how this is fitted relevant to the choke pull ? is there some sort of bracket assy which is not shown in catalog?- have had a nosey at RIMMERS piccy- just shows pic of switch but bothin to relate how it is attached- havin said that if I had one in my mit- could probably suss out!!!??

Gratefull for any advice!

:dude:CHEERS!

PHIL

imported post

Phil,

Purple wire usually means battery-live.This is probably the original radio supply, or possibly for the cigar lighter. I am fairly certain it is not for the choke. I cannot get to my ROM until the weekend, but perhaps someone else can help by looking at a wiring diagram for you.

Dave
    Dave
    1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

imported post

CHEERS DAVE! YOU PROB RIGHT! HAS HAD A NEW PULL OUT RAD FITTED!!!

WILL HAVE ANOTHER NOSEY!!!

CHEERS!

PHIL:dude:

Comment

imported post

Hi Phil, theswitch clips around the choke outer cable housing just after the threaded part and before the flexible part. A small plunger from the switch is located into a hole in the housing.

Gez.

Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Hi Phil

My ROM is saying White /blue for the choke switch cable.

Steve
          Carbs suck.

Comment

imported post

I hope the pic above helps...

As Stagdad says...White /blue for the choke switch cable.

Gez

Comment

imported post

Hi STAGNUT!

CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH ME OL MATE! DONE ME PROUD! REALLY BEEN CONFUSED ABOUT THIS!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR DIAGRAM! AND WIRING INFO!!!! CAN SEE THE LIGHT NOW! HOPE CAN HELP YOU OUT SOMEDAY!!!

:dude:CHEERS!

PHIL

Comment

imported post

CHEERS JEZ!

REALLY GREAT TO RECIEVE HELP ON ISSUES!

ALL THE BEST!

PHIL:dude:

Comment

imported post

Phil,

All you need now is for someone to show you how to turn off the Caps Lock on your PC

Dave
                  Dave
                  1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

imported post

hi Dave! get your drift........me ol eyesight not what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phil:dude:

Comment

Working...
                    X