Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triumph Stag Photos

Show off your Stag.

1) Up load a maximum of 3 photos of your Stag.

2) A short write up.

and most importantly.

3) No comments from anyone else

Purchased in 2017
    Fully rust proofed with Dynax products
    Lots of consumables replaced with best quality available.
    Then just run and enjoyed since.
    Attached Files
    Chris TV8 O/D Carmine, Scirocco TDI 180 R Line

Comment

Well here goes. Lets' hope I don't bore the pants off everyone.
      Stag 2 (nr Menwith).JPG

The car was first registered on May 1st 1976 to a heating engineer in Wolverhampton, who later transferred to it to his wife in 1981. It was then sold in 1983 and stayed in Wolverhampton. Owner #4 was in Shrewsbury and the car had a full engine rebuild during early 1988 at a cost of £1430.44. My predecessor bought the car in 1990 and brought it up to Lancashire. He did a lot of work on it culminating in a full off road restoration which took 9 years to complete between 1995-2005. In 2015 it had more engine work including re-bore,new pistons,head rebuild and new timing chains/tensioners,new hood etc. Sadly John died in late 2016 having owned the car for almost 27 years. I'm owner #6 and have made a few cosmetic changes such as moto-lita steering wheel, some engine bling and changed to the old black/silver number plates. I see myself very much as a custodian and am benefitting from all John's hard work and considerable expenditure. I've managed to put together a fairly comprehensive history thanks to old receipts and notebooks that John had kept. He was a former regional co-ordinator so the car is quite well known in Lancashire stag circles.

IMG_0149 (3).JPGIMG_0154 (3).JPG

The cost of an engine rebuild wasn't cheap in 1988 at £1430 but it's a hell of a lot dearer nowadays

Richard

Comment

EFi , 2.25" straight through exhaust, Tilton Clutch, Belt driven water pump, BMW rear end with disc brakes, 4 pot wilwood calipers.

20180413_190147 (800x450).jpg20190403_095740 (800x600).jpg20190422_135131 (800x600).jpg
        Carbs suck.

Comment

That looks a beast of an engine. What's the brake horse power?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie6 View Post
            That looks a beast of an engine. What's the brake horse power?

Richard
            Not sure if i should answer here due to rule number 3 but its only 180bhp atm it pulls well though due to more torque.
            Carbs suck.

Comment

Such a neat job!
              I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell me to do!

Comment

Working...
              X