Radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio!

Where would one get the correct size radio for a Mk1 Stag? The opening seems too big for a standard sized one...
    Anyone selling/ getting rid of vintage radios?

Only the important people have signatures.

Old radios and adapter plates to fit modern radios on eBay

Comment

Comment

I just installed a din radio using robsports adaptor. Initially I thought it was a bit pricey but it made it so easy.. I’m quite happy wIth it..

https://robsport.co.uk/index.php/onl...centre-console
        Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by trunt View Post
          I just installed a din radio using robsports adaptor. Initially I thought it was a bit pricey but it made it so easy.. I’m quite happy wIth it..

https://robsport.co.uk/index.php/onl...centre-console
          That's what I did. I have one from Classic Car Radios that costs about 150 that works pretty well although I'm not 100% sure it is one that is still on their website (I'll check if you like). Having said that the 2 Blaupunkts that they advertise look nice. https://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/classic-car-stereos/
          Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Ouch!

I went all the way to $79. JVC with Bluetooth, and hands free phone.. not prepared to rip into my expensive new trim for decent speakers so pointless spending money on head. first time I have ever put a radio in a classic.

when I was a youth I would have thought this cheap thing was the dogs!

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

https://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/c...unt-dab-radio/
              Oh man, this is gorgeous!!
              Only the important people have signatures.

Comment

I've been suffering up 'til today with one of those Retrosound radios. Was not impressed; radio kept blacking out for a second or two whenever the signal got too weak, sometimes it would go into a search forever. Then I thought I could at least put an SD card in to hear some music - great, it played alright but at about 15% faster speed. Sounded like "The Chipmunks sing your favourite songs".

I was torn between a "modern" or an exhorbitantly priced Becker classic. Just stumbled upon a new range from Blaupunkt designed with White Van Man in mind. This means that they are very simple in looks and design. Available without CD slot so the installed depth is reduced. USB for own music, Bluetooth etc. but no frivolous design. Cost €135.

Couldn't get a decent photo, but it really looks very subtle but nonetheless eye catching.

The first photo shows its details but the colours are wrong, the second shows it abit more like it is with sumptuous deep red buttons. Well pleased!

Drew

Radio 1.pngRadio 2.png
                If you can't say something nice, don't say it !

Comment

Afternoon all,

I went for the Classic Car Stereo 100 model (FM/DAB) which doesn't have Bluetooth. It was 100 cheaper (if I remember correctly) than the Model 200.
                  Both my Garmin Nuvi satnav and Nextbase 522 dashcam do have Bluetooth, so not a problem.
                  I also went for the old-to-new DIN holder.
                  Others have managed to put a CCS twin channel oval speaker into the original location, however I simply couldn't get it to fit - the wiring to the dash has previously been run right in the way.
                  Therefore, got CCS' larger rectangular dual-cone unit, which is simply going to sit right behind the passenger seat - as I'm on my own, I don't envisage carrying 3 passengers.
                  Now, all I need to do is install it all....plus change the dashboard and console wood, plus, etc !! the radio does have a suitable "period" look.....as does the original "Unipart" LW/MW radio which is presently filling the hole in the console
                  Stay safe,

Neil.
                  '77 Tahiti Blue, Spax, MoD, poly-bushed.

Comment

I looked at the 5x7 retro sound speakers, I know people have got them in there but I think the more expensive one is the only one that fits. I guess they just cover it a bit as the hole is not 5x7.. more like 3x6 Tried 2x 4 inch speakers which I have seen someone do but too much cutting. I'm going to try a retro sound 5-1/4 dual voice coil speaker in the dash initially. its 2-1/4 deep or 1.8 inches if you flush mount. It will need a small cut and I have ordered a plate to hold it in the oval hole. I'll report on how it goes.. (next week?)

Terry

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X