Wanted Hard Top for MK 1 in good condition Top price paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted Hard Top for MK 1 in good condition Top price paid

I am looking for a good condition hard top for a MK 1 will pay top price for right one, white would be good but happy to get it sprayed

I have a hard top for sale it is from a MK2 but not sure if there is any difference.
    Dave.
    Dave.
    Expert:- Ex is something that has been and spurt is a drip under pressure.

Comment

Mk1 clear glass, no C-pillar vents.
      Mk2 sundym glass, vents in C-pillar.
      Dave
      1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the difference, but are the two interchangeable?
        Dave.
        Dave.
        Expert:- Ex is something that has been and spurt is a drip under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by fussydave View Post
          Thanks for the info on the difference, but are the two interchangeable?
          Dave.
          Yes.

FWIW I restored my Mk1 hard top back in 2003. Fortunately I changed its colour from white to black because in 2008 I had an accident in my white Stag (whilst the hard top was fitted). When I sold the damaged car on, I kept the hard top and have been using it on my Mk2. The Mk2 top that came with this car was rotten, so I swapped the clear side windows for the Mk2 Sundym ones and sold it on. I have acquired a Sundym rear screen and, one day, will get around to swapping that over too as the clear screen fitted has the registration of my old Stag etched into it.....

Same hard top on Mk1 (white) and Mk2 (Carmine):

Hard Top.jpg
          Dave
          1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Working...
          X